Friday 4 November 2011

My Favourite Road

I travel approximately 30,000 miles per year for work, mainly in the North of England.  The favourite road on my travels has to be the one between Ponteland just to the West of Newcastle Upon Tyne and Jedburgh.  I travel this road approximately 6 times a year and every time I do I am in awe of the beautiful countryside Northumberland and the Scottish Borders has to offer.  In November, the spectrum of shades of the foliage is brilliant - yellows, oranges, reds, browns and greens.  There is a beautiful reservoir and the mist over the lake and trees, adds to the atmosphere of the landscape.  As you drive into Jedburgh you will be greeted with the view of the impressive Jedburgh Abbey, which was founded in 1138. 

If you are travelling between Newcastle and Edinburgh, this route is a much better alternative to the A1 if you fancy a more relaxing drive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment